The kitchen ceiling is finally finished!
and finally, this:
Along the way there was plumbing, drywall, electrical wiring, mudding, drilling, installing lights, and finally, paint. Apparently, while the house was on the market and unoccupied, a pipe in the upstairs bathroom burst on a record-cold February day. Because no one was there, the water ran for a while. The contractor’s estimate to fix the whole thing was $8,000. If I were an organized person, I would know what we spent to fix it all. But let’s just say it was much, much less.
And through it all, the husband learned to mud and drywall along with some plumbing tips. And I got gray hair. Make that white hair, from painting the ceiling as I stood on the counters.